How to write a homepage your ideal client will adore
Marketing do-it-yourselfers: Having a hard-working, well-structured homepage is the absolute best thing you can do for your business. I know, because I’m also a marketing do-it-yourselfer (as well as a former vp of marketing) and since following my own advice, now the people who contact me through my website are people who already want to work with me — which is really good for business and for the heart!
How good would it feel to be in love with your business’ homepage?
It would feel really good. You’d show it off. You’d feel proud to hand out your business card. You’d stand TALL. And you know what else? You’d begin attracting your ideal client – the one who loves what you have to offer and wants to pay for it.
Aaaand now that your ideal client “gets” exactly what you’re about – thanks to your clear online introduction – they’re telling their friends. And their friends like what you’ve got to say, so they’re sharing your website too. How neat is that?
So how do you get this beautifully brilliant, business-inspiring homepage?
Spend one morning, afternoon or evening with the Pink Elephant Academy. Writer and workshop facilitator (and Pink Elephant founder) Carrie Klassen (me!) will take you through an easy process for crafting un-icky copy that sells (because it’s kind, generous, smart and clear). It’s not rocket science – it’s just writing… but very thoughtful writing.
During the workshop, you will:
- identify your ideal clients
- learn the 5 essential components of a super smart homepage (with a 6th bonus component for keeners)
- practice a 6-step process that you can use again when writing almost anything promotional for your business
- write a draft of your new homepage (maybe even a final draft!)
- get constructive, helpful, inspiring feedback from fellow entrepreneurs who want to see you rock it*
- meet really nice people*
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop best suits:
- Entrepreneurs who provide a service and want to be able to explain it clearly so their ideal client “gets” it (We’re focusing on service providers in this workshop to keep things tailored.)
- Non-writers and writers alike who just don’t know where to start with their homepage content
- Small business owners who’ve been having trouble connecting with their ideal clients and have a hunch their website might have something to do with it
- Busy people who know that their best chance of actually getting this writing done is if they schedule a set time to do it with other creative people doing it at the same time
- Website owners whose sites have space for new content (or who plan to redesign)
“Carrie is simply awesome. Empowering, demystifying, perfect.”
“An EXCELLENT workshop! I love the home page I’ve written. Everyone out there – you definitely won’t want to miss another like it that Carrie offers.”
When you’re ready…
The cost (a tax deductible expense so friendly reminder to save your receipt!) is $137 (plus hst).
Next online workshop: Tuesday, April 10, 2012; 3-5pm ET NOW ON SALE
Please note DATE CHANGE. Originally this workshop was scheduled for the Full Pink Moon on April 6, but I didn’t realize that was Good Friday. We’re now rescheduled to the following Tuesday. xo
Next in-person workshop: TBD
If you’d like us to let you know when the next in-person workshop is running, fill out this form to be added to the wait list.
And if you’d like the workshop to come to you, click here to learn more about inviting travel-loving Pink Elephant in your city.
You can connect with Carrie on Facebook – ask as many questions as you’ve got. Or just say ‘hi’ – she loves that too.
Not sure if your homepage needs work? Take the free Happy Homepage Quiz and see how your business scores (plus, get a few tips for sweetening your site).
Is there any fine print?
Just a little – but it’s the same size as the rest. Your ticket price is non-refundable (we really want you to feel committed) .. but life does happen.. and if it happens to you, your ticket is 100% transferable so long as you give it to someone nice to take your place.
Not the perfect fit for you right now?
If entirely self-directed learning is more your style, hop over to the bookstore and have a look at our even more affordable workbooks. You won’t get feedback in the same way, or the ideas and energy of other nice entrepreneurs, but you will get the same great learning.