Marketing can be happy.
You’re doing good work with this business of yours, aren’t you? Meaningful work. Important work. You’ve poured your whole heart into it and you’re ready for the rush of clients. Your arms are wide open. You, you want to be of service in this world. You want to make a living doing what you love.
But the perfect-for-you clients haven’t shown up, or not in the numbers you’d like. And while you’re not doing this for money, it’d be nice to have enough. To feel peaceful. At ease. To be sure your business can take care of you the way you take care of it. And maybe, just maybe, to work a few fewer hours. Oh, imagine…
You, dear entrepreneur, don’t have to go it alone.
It’s hard what you’re doing. And brave. And awesome. And tiring. And rewarding like no desk job can ever be. The way to make the good parts better and the hard parts easier is to get yourself the support you need and deserve (which is sometimes tough when you’re an independent spirit… and we entrepreneurs are definitely independent spirits). But you can do it all yourself and feel supported.
Pink Elephant Academy has her arms open for you.
You might just find exactly what you need right here if:
- You want more nice people to know about and support your business
- You would love low-cost, super-effective and beautiful marketing ideas (that increase revenue)
- You’d like to feel confident that you’re doing all the right things to promote your work, so you can stop worrying
Me, I’m an entrepreneur too.
I’m Carrie Klassen, founder of Pink Elephant Academy for Entrepreneurs (and the dressed-up Pink Elephant Creative). I started Pink Elephant because I wanted to use my writing, design and marketing superpowers to help small businesses doing good work to do more good work. I wanted to give my best advice to entrepreneurs who needed it at a price they could afford. And, by showing others how (in my gentle, arm-around-the-shoulder kind of way), I wanted to prove that you really, really can make a living doing what you love.
Pink Elephant can school you (nicely).
If you need to promote your business but you’re on a budget, there are a few different ways we can help:
- A free homepage assessment quiz with tips for changes you can make yourself to improve your score (sign up over there on the left and up a bit, to get it right away)
- Really good advice in the library, our updated-whenever-it-feels-right blog
- Workshops in Toronto and around the continent (you can invite me anywhere, especially if you live somewhere tropical or French)
- Workbooks that are short, sweet and ridiculously practical, as well as the perfect thing to do at your favourite coffee house
- A wee bit of website design love
Pink Elephant’s alumni are probably people you’d like a lot.
My very favourite part of the Academy is the roster of entrepreneurs who have signed up and shown up. You’ll fit right in if:
- You’re doing what you love for a living and even when it’s scary, wouldn’t choose the alternative
- You’re open to the idea of treating DIY marketing as some wildly creative artform
- You buy organic when you can and will take your recyclables home with you if you can’t find a bin
- You notice the smell of lilacs in spring and love the call of wild geese
- You feel a pretty hum in your heart reading Desiderata, which might just be your credo too
Sound a little like you? Now that you’ve read the homepage, you could browse the bookstore, register for a workshop, or hang out with the cool kids in the library. Or, just say ‘hi’.