Marketing can be quiet, gentle and kind
… and still be marketing.
You’re doing good work with this business of yours, aren’t you? Meaningful work. Important work. You’ve poured your whole heart into it and you’re ready for the rush of clients. Your arms are wide open. You, you want to be of service in this world. You want to make a living doing what you love.
But the perfect-for-you clients haven’t shown up, or not in the numbers you’d like. And while you’re not doing this for money, it’d be nice to have enough. To feel peaceful. At ease. To be sure your business can take care of you the way you take care of it. And maybe, just maybe, to work a few fewer hours. Oh, imagine…
You, dear entrepreneur, don’t have to go it alone.
It’s hard, what you’re doing. And brave. And awesome. And tiring. And rewarding like no cubicle job can ever be. The way to make the good parts better and the hard parts easier is to get yourself the support you need and deserve (which is sometimes tough when you’re an independent spirit… and we self-employed folks are definitely independent spirits). But you can do it all yourself and feel supported.
Pink Elephant Academy has her arms open for you.
You might just find exactly what you need right here if:
- You want more nice people to know about and support your business and receive the benefit of your work
- You would love low-cost, super-effective and feel-good marketing and kind business ideas that increase revenue
- You’d like to feel confident that you’re doing all the right things to promote your work, so you can stop worrying
- You’d like to build a business that is kind to others and to you
Me, I’m a small business owner too.
I’m Carrie Klassen, founder of Pink Elephant Writing Academy for Small Business (and the dressed-up Pink Elephant Creative). I started Pink Elephant because I wanted to use my extensive writing, design, and marketing experience to help small businesses doing good work to do more good work. And by showing others how (in my gentle, arm-around-the-shoulder way), I wanted to prove that you really can make a living doing what you love …without being aggressive or unkind or un-you.
Pink Elephant can school you (nicely).
If you need to promote your business but you’re on a budget, there are a few different ways we can help:
- A free homepage assessment quiz with tips for changes you can make yourself to improve your score (sign up over there on the left and up a bit, to access it right away)
- A free Kind Marketing mini course called 7 Sweet and Simple Ways to Attract New Clients with Kindness
- Website-writing workbooks in the Bookstore that are short, sweet, self-directed and ridiculously practical, as well as the perfect thing to do at your favourite coffee house
- Gentle Business Advice for those who’d like affordable one-on-one business and marketing support from me
A percentage of our Pink Elephant Academy revenue goes towards Free the Children’s Alternative Income & Livelihood programs for entrepreneurs.
Pink Elephant’s alumni are probably people you’d like a lot.
My very favourite part of the Academy is the roster of entrepreneurs who have signed up and shown up. You’ll fit right in if:
- You’re doing what you love for a living and even when it’s scary, wouldn’t choose the alternative
- You’re open to the idea of using your business as a quiet voice of kindness (even if you don’t entirely believe me yet that that kind of marketing can work)
- You buy organic when you can and will take your recyclables home with you if you can’t find a bin
- You notice the smell of lilacs in spring and love the call of wild geese
- You feel a pretty hum in your heart reading Desiderata, which might just be your credo too
Sound a little like you? Now that you’ve read the homepage, I suggest browsing the Bookstore. (It’s my favourite thing here), or read up in the Library. Or, just say ‘hi’.